Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pollution in Hong Kong

This is the South China Sea and the islands off Hong Kong Harbour. I wonder what this scene would look like if there were no pollution. Hong Kong is a very polluted city, and this means not only daily haze, but also high livels of airborne chemicals - mostly pushed south from the industrial engines of China. In six weeks, I have seen clear blue skies only twice. The toll on humans is severe - with lots of respiratory problems and eye infections. Many people claim that the pollution is less severe in the New Territories, but this is not true.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love reading your blog and wish I could be there enjoying the adventures in Hong Kong. But, I guess I can enjoy it all through your eyes. The pictures are great...keep it all coming!!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home